Beta Club Dominates at State Convention

Brittany Shannon, Co-Editor

On January 26th-27th, the Clinton High School Beta Club went to Beta State Convention to compete for all of the marbles in Hot Springs. Clinton was very well represented with 65 students competing in various events such as academic, visual art, and talent. They came back with a lot of success. The club competed against groups from across the state, in the largest Beta state convention on record. As a club, they were honored with the G.O.L.D Key Award for convention attendance growth. Every student who went, not only represented Clinton, but they competed in events to possibly advance themselves to the National Convention in Savannah, Georgia this upcoming summer. Of the 65 students, Clinton had 12 students qualify! The following students qualified:

Emily Kirk- 1st place Sculpture

Kyler Hensley & Savannah Lynch 1st place Officer’s Service Award

Charleston Sowell- 3rd place Mixed Media

Autumn Graves- 3rd place Poetry

Gisselle Hernandez- 2nd place Spanish II

Cody Bagley- 3rd place Agriculture II

Brittany Shannon, Martin Quintero, Clint Bagley, Cody Bagley, and Lucas Potts- 2nd place Beta Build

The students began working on state convention at the beginning of the school year with fundraisers to pay for their trip to Hot Springs. They also started working on their projects at the beginning of the school year, some taking months to complete.

The students will begin fundraising this next week to help pay their way to Nationals! They will be doing the very successful Yankee Candle Fundraiser that they did in the fall along with a HUMONGOUS Valentine bear raffle. They will continue selling chocolate bars as well. If you have the chance, please help the Beta Students make it to National Convention! They are looking forward to representing Clinton at the Beta National Convention.