Ty Johnson Qualifies for All Around at Golf State

CHS Boys Golf Finishes 3rd

Brittany Shannon, Co-Editor

On Monday, October 2nd, the Clinton Yellow Jacket boys golf team hosted the 3A State golf tournament at Mountain Ranch Country Club in Fairfield Bay. The golf team consists of:  Ty Johnson, Bryce Dodd, Kragen Bradley, Kyler Hensley, and Ryley McDonald.  While they did not play to the level of success they normally do, they finished the tournament placing 3rd in the 3A State Tournament. Ty Johnson ended up placing 2nd overall after a 5 hole playoff! He will be continuing his season Thursday, October 12th at the Pleasant Valley Golf Course in the Overall State Tournament.

On the Clinton Yellow Jacket boys golf team, there are two seniors who have played their entire high school career, Ty Johnson and Bryce Dodd. They have been extremely successful during this time.  They qualified for the State Tournament all 4 years of their high school career. Just this year, they placed 2nd in their district tournament and 3rd overall in the state tournament as a team. Last year, they won their district and placed 2nd overall in the state tournament. Of the past two years, Ty Johnson has qualified for the Overall State Tournament both years! Ty Johnson and Bryce Dodd built a legacy that will live on.