Clinton Students Find Success at Goat and Lamb Show

Van Buren County Fair

Natalie Alexander, Writer

Show time is here! Everyone showing is excited and nervous for show time, months of hard work and practice to be put on display in the county wide competition . Tuesday, September 16th, was show day for goats and lambs. Goats were first, then sheep.  Clinton did very well in both events.  

Of 7 classes in the Grand Champion Drive 5 of the 7 first place goats were Clinton students.  Brianna Strickland received Grand Champion Market Goat.  Reserve Grand Champion went to Kaylee Hobbs.  Destiny Hobbs finished 3rd, Brayden Mooney finished 4th, while Ryan Jones finished 6th overall.  In Arkansas Bred Wether Brayden Mooney was named Grand Champion. Brayden Mooney also received Junior Goat Showmanship, qualifying him for the Best of the Best on Saturday.

After a successful showing in goats Clinton moved on to the lamb show.   Katie McJunkins received Grand Champion Market Lamb.  Natalie Alexander was named Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb.  Regan Bradford received Grand Champion Commercial Ewe and Emily Kirk received Reserve Grand Champion Commercial Ewe. Emily Kirk received Senior Lamb Showmanship advancing her the the Best of the Best on Saturday.  

Congratulations to all of our Clinton exhibitors.  Good luck to the upcoming exhibitors in the pig, rabbit, chicken, and cattle shows.