Meet Ms. Perryman

Lilly Pike/Mylie Newland

Clinton Junior High School welcomes the new 6th grade Language Arts teacher, Ms. Perryman. Ms. Perryman  taught at Willow Drive Elementary in Sumter, South Carolina before coming to Clinton School District. Ms. Perryman says, “ I wanted to become a teacher because I wanted kids to enjoy school again. And I wanted them to have someone in their life that they know would support them in and outside of the classroom.” She wants to teach her 6th grade students this school year to be confident in their work, and to learn to enjoy reading and writing. Ms. Perryman has been teaching for 3 years. She has taught 3rd grade and 4th grade before coming to Clinton Junior High to teach 6th grade. Ms. Perryman says, “My favorite part about teaching is when all of my students tell me that they are understanding things they didn’t understand before.” She also says that her least favorite part of teaching is,“When I have to say goodbye at the end of the school year to all of my students. I try to be involved as much as I can in each and every one of their lives, so when I have to say goodbye to them, it makes me so sad.” So Clinton Junior High students, please make Ms. Perryman feel welcomed, and show her how to be a true Clinton Yellowjacket.