Jackets Advance in Regional Tournament

Upset Top Ranked Osceola

Bryce Dodd and Ty Johnson, Writer

The Clinton Senior High Boys basketball team travelled to Riverside High School located east of Jonesboro in Lake City to play in the first round of the regional tournament last night.  Clinton came in as a #4 seed coming out of District to face #1 seed Osceola.  Osceola was not only a #1 one seed coming out of district, but was also touted as a top 3A power.  Clinton kept it close during the first half, tying the game before entering  the half.  Clinton came out of the locker room with a vengeance.  Taking the lead and extending it throughout the half.  Osceola is known for running a fast paced game, Clinton was able to use the tempo in their favor.  Coach Gardner used a variety of players to maintain the fast paced tempo.  Led by Avery Bramlett’s impressive 22 points and rebounding performance the Jackets came away with a big win.  The win resulted in an advancement to not only the semi-finals of the regional tournament, but the state tournament as well.  This is the first time Clinton Senior High Boys Basketball team has made an appearance in the state tournament in over 10 years.  Coach Cole Gardner was the recipient of the First Arkansas Bank and Trust Player of the Game, for his relentless coaching and dedication to his team.  The boys will face the winner of Valley Springs and Manilla Friday night at 8:30.  Everyone plan to make the road trip to support our Jackets.  If you cannot make it you can listen to the game, KHPQ 92.1 with Jeff Hall, either on the radio, app, or online.