Support Falls Sports!

Hannah Robinson

The beginning of the year is definitely stressful. There is so much going on with students and teachers still finding out what needs to be done for school. While figuring this out and eventually getting into routine, students make time to be competitive. In the fall, there are many sports going on that should be brought to attention.

Two types of sports that are going on during the fall is golf and tennis. Mostly played on Tuesdays and Thursdays, they are both sports that are played fairly early, making it difficult for students to make it to the matches as it is during class time. Just because it isn’t likely someone would make it to the matches, doesn’t mean that students shouldn’t support the players. Not much is known about tennis and golf because there aren’t really any spectator seats; meaning there isn’t really room for an audience. These types of sports require quiet in the audience, should there be one, which can also make it tough to show school spirit because there is no cheering.

Another sport that is played during the fall is volleyball. There are no specific days of the week for volleyball games, but they are played after school. Whether the games are at home or away, students should be cheering as loud as possible in the student section. Last year, there were times when there were *home* games that had only one student in the student section, but Clinton High can do so much better than that so support the volleyball players and cheer for them!

Last, and certainly not least, another sport played during the fall is football. Every game, the student section is overflowing with deafening voices erupting from the crowd screaming cheers. Finding time on a Friday night can be difficult for some, but if there is any possible way for students to make it to the games, they should be there to support the Clinton Yellow Jackets during their season this year.

During the school year and also during the summer, fall sports players, through blood, sweat and tears, dedicate an extreme amount of time in their lives to bettering themselves for their respective sports. Endless love and support should be given to each and every player. Students at Clinton High School need to get in touch with their school spirit and let it go!