Jacket Basketball Update Senior Night

Jacket Basketball Update Senior Night

JoJo Jones, Writer

Friday, Feb 1 was a great night at Yellowjacket Arena full of many activities.  Friday night was letterman jacket night and alumni and students proudly sported their letterman jackets. The After Prom Committee sponsored a successful Pasta Supper.  The CHS and CJHS Cheer showcased the results of their Little Stingers Mini Camp during halftime of the games. The night was filled with emotions as, it was a very teary night for many parents and fans of our spring sport seniors. While we had many activities going on along with the basketball games the Clinton Yellowjackets capitalized on a night of activities with four victories over the Tigers.

It didn’t take the Jackets very long to start off hot against No. 5 seed Green Forest. The Senior Boys dominated offensively and defensively. The Varsity team won the game with a total of 63 points and held the Tigers to 38 points. Thanks to everyone who came out and showed your Jacket Pride!

Tuesday was a successful night for all Yellowjacket teams. All teams defeated Guy-Perkins in the non-conference contest.  The Junior Varsity team defeated the Thunderbirds JV team with ease. The Varsity team came into the game draining everything that went up.  Bradley started off the game by scoring the first twelve points of the game, and the Jackets were off. The Jackets scored the most points they have scored all season with a total of 75. The Thunderbirds average 61 points on the season thus far, and the Jackets defense held them to 49 points.

Photos by Emily Hogue

Emily Hogue