The Jacket Journal

CHS Football Season Ends

Back to Article
Back to Article

CHS Football Season Ends

Kyler Hensley, Editor

CLINTON, Ar— On the Friday before Thanksgiving Clinton saw their dreams of a state title fade early in the second half, as 3A Prescott continued to move the ball without struggle and put points up.

Clinton took an early lead 7-0, and then after an onside kick by Junior Matthew Gonzalez, the Jackets had the chance to stun the Curley Wolves and take an early 2 touchdown lead. But no such luck would happen. The Jackets drive stalled out after a costly penalty called back a 14 yard carry by Ethan Drake and on the Curley Wolves first possession they tied the game at 7 all.

Clinton headed to the locker room down 21-14, which was their first halftime deficit all season and they were never able to recover from it.

Prescott eliminated Clinton at Jim Tumlison field by a final score of 45-27. Clinton had chances to win, but costly penalties and 3  second half turnovers to Prescott’s no turnovers made the difference in the end.

The Clinton Senior Class is one that will not be easily forgotten.

“ This senior class, comprised of Derek Russell, Mason Dowell, Ryley McDonald, Keaton Gresham, Jacob Hagerman, Nathan Ross, Travis Williams, Caleb Bowman, Sky Davidson, Cort Bagley, Reuben Dawson, Caleb Kirkpatrick, Chris Toller, Ty Parker, Kelley Collins, and JoJo Jones, won 31 combined games, 2 outright conference titles, and a share of a third conference title. They also led Clinton to 3 Battle of the Little Red wins, 3 playoff appearances, with wins against Fouke, Harmony Grove, and Charleston, and losses to Centerpoint, Junction City, and Prescott.” Jeremy Carson

Davidson finished the night with 64 rushing yards, 9 receiving yards and 8u tackles. Amos finished his Junior season passing the ball 12 times. Amos had 5 receptions for 39 yards and 3 interceptions. The All State Junior also had a rushing touchdown early in the first half.

Clinton scored its final touchdown of the year when Senior Ryley Macdonald connected with Senior Nathan Ross in the back of the endzone. Both seniors can say they ended their offensive careers with touchdowns.

Kelly Collins, Weston Amos, Sky Davidson, and Caleb Bowman all received All-State honors on the year.

Kyler Hensley, Editor

Class of 2019

Basketball and Donald Trump