CHS Homecoming

Rachel Dawson, Writer

Homecoming 2016 was a blast for students, staff, homecoming court, and the community! Friday afternoon Elementary through High school students and teachers gathered in Yellowjacket arena for the Homecoming pep rally! The Homecoming maids; Kendyl Breedlove, Tayler Rachel, Courtney Webb, Emily Hobbs, Katrina Huff, Brianna Strickland, Tori Bradford, Autumn Graves,Brittany Shannon, Stearling Gale ,Megan Hagerman, Rebecca Lewis, and 2016 Homecoming Queen Caitlin Cody were honored at the pep rally and at the game when they were escorted into the spotlight by their escorts and their fathers. 2015 Homecoming Queen, Haley Hink, attended the pep rally to crown Caitlin Cody and hand over the title.

Following the pep rally, the Homecoming Court showcased their beautiful dresses in the parade.

While the football team was preparing to take on the Elkins, the beautiful maids were escorted by their fathers on the football field. The Jackets played hard but weren’t able to defeat the Elks, with the final score being 28-14.

Followed by the game there was a Homecoming Dance sponsored by CHS FBLA. All high school students were invited to the dance and the students were able to dance and enjoy refreshments.

homecoming-2Abi Leonard
homecoming-3 homecoming-4 homecoming-5 homecoming-6 homecoming-7 homecoming-8 homecoming-9 homecoming-game homecoming