Pottsville Scrimmage

Pottsville+Scrimmage

Weston Amos, Writer

The 2018 Yellowjackets rolled into Pottsville and laced up for a scrimmage game August 21st. The Jackets kept the play style very vanilla, and just hoped to outwork the Apaches. The Yellowjackets started things off right on the offensive side of the ball, driving 70 yards down the field in 8 plays. The drive included a nice run from Caleb Bowman for 30 yards and some nice upfield runs by John-Riley Hinchey. The Yellowjackets still had 4 plays remaining before the Apaches got their first 12, but didn’t move the ball very effectively. The Yellowjackets showed just how dominant their defense is when they forced three turnovers on the Apaches first 5 plays. The Apaches failed to score on their first 12 plays. The second part of the scrimmage granted each team 10 plays to score, this time giving the Apaches the ball to start out. The Yellowjackets put in their second team that moved the ball effectively on the Apaches and didn’t allow the opposing squad to score. Travis Williams had a 15 yard carry during the Jackets 10 plays to shine as well the Drake twins who had several yards together. The third and final wave of the scrimmage was treated as a half of high school football. There were 2 quarters each consisting of 12 minutes, a stopping clock, and a play clock. The Jackets had the ball first and were able to get the ball 30 yards from pay dirt before turning the ball over on 4th and 11. The Jacket defense held strong and got the ball back to the offense when senior Cort Bagley created a forced fumble. The Jacket offense capitalized and scored the only touchdown of the half. Matthew Gonzalez put the PAT right down the middle and the Yellowjackets left Needham field victorious. The Jackets face Heber Springs @ home August 31st.

Cort Bagley Hudl Highlight

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6124060/5b8028cbf569cd0e5cf572de

Photos taken by Sydney Brown.