Red Ribbon Week

Savannah Calhoun

“Our School is proud to be Drug Free”

October 24, 2019

How do you describe staying healthy? Is it simply by eating right? Or maybe exercising everyday? All of these things keep your body stronger and healthier, but taking care of your body internally is a key part of staying healthy. 

One thing that harms your body tremendously is by indulging in drugs. For years, drugs have damaged people’s lives as well as their families. Unfortunately, it has mostly affected teens today, by getting them addicted at an early age and slowly becoming something they “need”. Although all drugs are dangerous, the newest trend is vaping. Some studies show that 1 in 4 high school students are involved in vaping or using vapes. This is just an example on how vaping is affecting teens to the point they use it often. Whether they started at home, or are peer pressured into doing it at school, teens are addicted to vaping which needs to stop. 

We need to spread the awareness on how dangerous vaping is and why everyone needs to be aware of how it affects your body. Red Ribbon Week helps spread this awareness and is a great way to educate students on the dangers of drugs and vaping. Here at Clinton High School, we are a big supporter of celebrating Red Ribbon Week and we make sure that every student is aware of the dangers of doing drugs. 

The YellowJackets started their Red Ribbon Week with an assembly that was full of excitement and had speakers, like Stefani Siete, who educated students on cases where vaping damaged someone’s life. Drugs are not something that should be taken lightly. They are dangerous and can hurt anyone that is involved. We should all strive to spread awareness on the dangers of drugs and help keep our schools and community a safe zone that is drug free!