The Jacket Journal

Clinton High School Theater Presents: “The Odyssey”

Glory Stroup, Writer

Clinton High School Theater would like to present to you, a very famous and well loved play, The Odyssey! This fall, multiple showings of this classic tale will be exhibited in the Clinton High School Auditorium. This year’s cast and crew is excited to show you what they have been working on!

The set up of the play will be a bit different than most plays they have showed in the past. The audience will be more involved in the experience. They will be seated on stage, surrounding the actors as perform. This is intended to help the audience be more immersed on a different level. They want you to feel like you are in ancient Greek mythology with them!

The Odyssey is about the victorious Greek hero Odysseus who has still not come back to his home, Ithaca. A bunch of ruthless and unruly suitors, thinking that Odysseus is dead, have overrun his palace, courting his loyal, yet weakening, wife, Penelope. He meets all types of mythical creatures, adventuring on very dangerous missions and quests, and striving to make it back home to his wife and son.

There will be showings on Thursday, October 25, and it will be their opening night at 7 p.m., as well as Saturday night, October 27, at 7 p.m., and Sunday afternoon, October 28, at 3 p.m. Come be apart of this mythical classic with the Clinton High School’s theater cast and crew! See you there!

Glory Stroup, Writer

Hobbies: Playing piano, singing, watching A LOT of YouTube

Extracurricular: Choir, Theater, Journalism

Some Facts About Me: I’m the youngest middle...