The Jacket Journal

Varsity Football Conway Christian

Kyler Hensley, Editor

CLINTON, Ar.— After a questionable week 1 performance, Clinton flexed its muscles, and ran right through 2A Conway Christian (1-2) on the way to a 34 point blowout. The Jackets reeled off 6 unanswered touchdowns and 442 total yards on the ground to give them a lopsided win 55-21.

It wasn’t all smooth for the Jackets though. Three plays into the game, the Jackets found themselves down 7-0 after a 73 yard drive by the Eagles. The Jackets then proceeded to march down the field and tie the game.

Conway Christian would then make their first mistake of the game on the next possession. Senior Ryley Mcdonald stole the momentum back by making a one handed interception, and the Jackets never looked back. The game was all but sealed as Clinton ran away with it after this.

Clinton’s Junior fullback John Riley Hinchey suffered devastating news, as he broke his foot early in the game. Hinchey finished the game with 87 yards on 6 attempts, and 2 touchdowns. Hinchey suffered a late season ending injury his sophomore year, but hopes to return later this year and give the Jackets a boost.

The Jackets defense was tested, and responded to the call against the spread last Friday. Caleb Bowman made his first appearance of the year after an ankle injury which kept him out in week 1. With his presence on the field, the Jackets seemed to have an extra hop in their steps as they controlled the game. Bowman tallied 3 tackles on the night, and had 2 big runs for 19 yards.  

Sky Davidson led the team in tackles friday night. He had one sac, and one forced fumble out of a total of 5 tackles in all. Other key defensive players that showed up were Derek Russell, Austin and Ethen Drake, Kadance Sowell, and Cort Bagley. They all had 17 tackles between the 4 of them. Ryley Mcdonald, and Blaine Emberton both had 1 interception on the night.  

The Jacket’s offense, led by Weston Amos, was explosive and exciting Friday night as they had over 600 total yards. Ethen Drake led the team in all purpose yards with 186, next was Sky Davidson who totalled 112, and finally John Riley Hinchey with 87 yards.

The Jackets will have their first away game this week when they travel to Little Rock, to face CAC. The Jackets won last year’s matchup, and look to make it two wins in a row this week.

Hudl Highlights

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ALMP9 Sky Davidson

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4683847/5b93eb542352420ee8b20819 Weston Amos

Photos By Sydney Brown, Photographer