The Jacket Journal

Clinton School Changes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Clinton School Changes

Glory Stroup, Writer

There have been numerous changes happening across the Clinton School District. Ranging from new paint to new teachers, the Clinton High School, Junior High, Elementary, and PreSchool have been switching it up this year.

The Clinton ABC Pre-School had a new addition born into their preschool family.  Bodie Jackson was born on June 27th. His mom is Judith Jackson who is a Preschool teacher in our building.  Joyce Berry was a very welcome addition to the staff as the school nurse. The building also underwent changes.  The halls were painted a pretty yellow that really brightened up the Preschool. They plan on incorporating the Mutt-i-grees curriculum this year and use this as a focus for all parent nights. Mutt-i-grees is a curriculum which teaches empathy and related social and emotional skills.  The teachers will be teaching the lessons in the classrooms on Achieving Awareness, Finding Feelings, Encouraging Empathy, Cultivating Cooperation, and Dealing with Decisions.

In the Clinton Elementary, there have been several changes. The new staff changes include Danielle Hudson as the new kindergarten teacher. Hannah Johnson is the new 6th grade teacher. Katy Pruitt moved from being the teacher for the 1st grade to teaching the 2nd grade. A substitute before, Nina Swan, is now an aide in the Special Ed classroom. Hal Ward taught at Conway Christian after retirement, but is now back to the Clinton Elementary where he originally retired as a principal. Morgan Warren is a new teacher in the elementary, she is coming to us from Wonderview. The elementary building underwent some modifications, as the Gold Team added lots of color with inspirational and uplifting quotes throughout to inspire students!

The Junior High School has had multiple changes, as well. Christine Mooney moved from teaching 5th grade Literacy to teaching 6th grade math. Kelli Wilson has begun teaching 7th grade social studies. Coach Cole Gardner became an official member of the junior high staff. Nathan Andrews has taken over as the new band director. The bandroom itself has received a major facelift as well, with new sound absorbing, rubber flooring and a new paint job. A new T.E.A.M Program has been enacted at the junior high, where students are placed in mentoring groups that meet each Wednesday. The main focus of this group consists of setting academic goals, career planning, developing a 4 year high school graduation plan, and social-emotional learning. Teachers will remain with their mentoring group for all 3 years the students are in junior high.

As for Clinton High School, there have been many changes. Denise Burgess has made a move over to high school wearing many hats as the high school receptionist, nurse, and bus driver.  Angela Fisk is welcomed as the new Chemistry and Physics teacher. Coach Jace Powers is the new high school P.E. teacher, and Assistant Volleyball, Basketball, and Baseball Coach. Coach Jesse Wilson is now teaching Arkansas History and Economics, as well as his coaching duties as Assistant Football Coach and Head Track Coach. Jamie Williams is the new Dance Team Coach. Nikki Dunham has become the new moderator of ISS. Christina Mills is the new Study Hall teacher. The high school went through major renovations over the summer.  The halls were painted grey and yellow, with the lockers being painted black. It really looks like a Yellowjacket high school. A Salad Bar is returning to the cafeteria to give students even more healthy options at lunch. The mentoring class will happen on Wednesdays along with the junior high, this will help to help students to move forward on their individual growth plan and help them prepare for graduation. With the incoming freshman class and new students there has been a substantial increase in the student body, seemingly more so than last year!

There have been many changes that have happened over the summer throughout the entire school district. Some new teachers, some old teachers, and some teachers coming back, but this school year will be whatever you make it. Make it great!

Glory Stroup, Writer

Hobbies: Playing piano, singing, watching A LOT of YouTube

Extracurricular: Choir, Theater, Journalism

Some Facts About Me: I’m the youngest middle...